The Parent Advocacy Training series is designed for parent and professional teams to learn alongside one another and focus on skills that strengthen parents' ability to advocate for their children in a variety of settings. Participants will enhance their leadership skills and be ready to take on new higher-level roles in the community.
Participation is FREE! Parents/caregivers who complete the series are eligible for a $75 gift card.
Winter 2023 Series Schedule | Tuesday evenings 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- January 10 | Overview: Respect and Communication
- January 24 | Equity, Trust, and Decision-Making
- February 7 | Advocacy and Communicating with the Community, Commitment, Competence, and Parenting
- February 21 | Trauma-Informed Care and Mental Health
- March 21 | Debrief Training and Series Wrap-Up
* Additional Sessions will be offered in Spring 2023.
Parents/caregivers can come on their own, as a team with a professional like a case manager, nurse, or counselor, or professionals could also attend on their own to better understand parent/caregiver perspectives navigating various systems.
The program is a train-the-trainer model, so participants will have support in providing information to those in the community to strengthen parent advocacy efforts within their county.
Please contact Tammy McKittrick at Tamara_McKittrick@Mercy.com to register or if you have further questions.