Ms. Link's Independent Living Classroom invited students from Mrs. Snyder's class at the elementary school to whip up some delicious Santa pancakes! See the recipe below to create your own!
3 cups all-purpose flour
6 Tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups buttermilk
1 stick butter melted
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Strawberries sliced in half
Whipped Cream Spray
- Mix your flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk buttermilk, melted butter, vanilla, and eggs.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk until just combined, the batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Ladle 1/4 cup of batter and cook until bubbles form around the sides.
- Flip and cook until cooked through. Place the pancake on a plate.
- Arrange the strawberry halves on top of the pancakes. Add on 2 chocolate chips for eyes. Cut a slice of a strawberry for the nose. Use your spray whipped cream to make a beard.
- Then add a line of whipped cream on the bottom of the strawberry hat and add a ball on top.
Source: Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons